DIY Mason Jar Gifts: Homemade Peppermint Bark
DIY Mason Jar Gifts are fun and thoughtful. This homemade peppermint bark in a mason jar is a perfect gift for Christmas for friends, coworkers, teachers and your classmates.
This post contains affiliate links and we will earn commission if you buy the products through those links. For more information, please read our disclosures here
Holidays are upon us. Shopping season will start soon. Many of us tend to put off gift shopping till the last minute and then we can’t think of what to gift our loved ones.
Related: Popsicle Stick Craft for Mother’s Day
Gifts in a jar make for thoughtful gifts, especially the handmade ones. They add such a personalized touch to the gift, and are custom made for person they are being gifted to.
Mason Jar Gifts: Perfect Gift Ideas for Christmas
If you stuck at the last for gift idea for someone you really appreciate, this homemade peppermint bark in a mason jar is a perfect idea.
When you make something by yourself and give it a personal touch, it makes someone feel really special.
Related: Free Printable Wall Art for Kids Room
These are perfect for friends, co workers, teachers and your classmates. And psstt …… if you forgot to get someone a gift this Christmas, these make some really pretty last minute gift ideas!
Homemade Peppermint Bark
You can make these cute and adorable mason jar gifts filled with homemade peppermint bark. I ‘m also sharing these FREE Holiday Themed Printables that are available to download instantly to give these handmade gifts an extra special and festive look.
You ‘ll seriously love making these after you learn that the peppermint bark is made from just 2 ingredients. Yes, 2! It takes only 10 minutes or so to put this festive gift together.
To make this peppermint bark, all you need is
- 1 package White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Candy Canes (crushed)
- If the candy canes are not crushed already, place them in a plastic bag and crush them by rolling the rolling pin over the plastic bag.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Stir and microwave again for 20 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Take half of the crushed candy cane and stir in the melted chocolate thoroughly.
- Spread on the non stick aluminum foiled baking sheet. You can also spray non stick cooking spray on the foil.
- Once the mixture has been spread on the foil, sprinkle rest of the crushed candy cane.
- Refrigerate for about 55 – 60 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Take out from the foil. Break into desired size pieces and serve.
How to make Mason Jar Gifts?
These mason jar gifts are very simple to make. Let’s take a look at the supplies you will need and steps to follow.
- 1 Empty Mason Jar
- Single Hole Puncher
- Peppermint Bark
- Free Printables
- Print the printables (download here) and cut them out with scissors or crafting knife.
- Use a puncher to make a hole and thread bakers twine through it.
- Take your mason jar and tie the ribbon around the mason jar neck.
- Paste your second printable (Happy Holidays) on the mason jar lid.
- Place the peppermint bark in the mason jar, and close the lid.
- Your diy holiday mason jar gift with peppermint bark is ready!
Do you like DIY mason jar gift ideas? Please share in the comments below if you use these during holiday season.